Dylan Cuthbert wrote:

Right now, If I have 400 aliens each doing pos = pos + vec1 + vec2 + vec3, I
get a leak of 400x3x16=20K each frame.. at 60fps that's 115k a second...6.9
meg a minute...4 gigabytes an hour... and that's without any lua table
structures or malloc overheads in my calculation.

While waiting for the incremental GC, I manually activate a GC cycle
on each frame. This is not the overall most economical strategy, but
it gives me god realtime behaviour.

Also I do avoid creating tables (avoid, but not completly disallow)
during normal operation, I have been able to keep my garbage generation
relatively modest so far.

		Eero