Sorry about the font, not sure why its crappy looking on your screen - I'm
posting in plain text but "charset="iso-2022-jp" is in the message header
because I used the japanese version of Outlook I suppose.

So you are the man behind LuaPlus, ok, what I meant by LuaBind being better
supported was by comparing the home pages, LuaBind is very slick for some
reason, and also a lot of the stuff at the bottom of the LuaPlus home page
says "obsolete" etc.  Also I couldn't find an e-mail address or your name
even so I didn't know where to go to ask questions.  :-)  But it sounds like
you're pretty active.  Do you have a mailing list or do you simply answer
questions on a person-to-person basis?

Any ideas regarding this vector thing I'm working on?  ;-)

---------------------------------
Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

"Joshua Jensen" <jjensen@workspacewhiz.com> wrote in message
20030627050426.330A513957@bazar2.conectiva.com.br">news:20030627050426.330A513957@bazar2.conectiva.com.br...
> [...]
> of several other games whose ship dates I don't know using LuaPlus.  In
> addition, there are quite a few other companies who have been in contact
> with me with questions/feature requests.
>
> So in answer to your question, yes, there are quite a few people using it.
>
> > A lot of the C++ wrappers made sense too.
>
> Yep.  LuaObject and LuaTableIterator are my favorites.  LuaObject doesn't
> require any form of stack manipulation, and that goes a long way toward
> making the C++ interface to Lua much cleaner.
>
> > I didn't see mention of it on lua-users.org, or maybe it was
> > in too obscure a place to find.
>
> I don't think it was there, although a past C++ wrapper I wrote, LuaState,
> was.  I decided I wasn't going to make the Lua mailing list or other
> Lua-core-specific sites my personal advertising spot.  Normally, I take
> LuaPlus conversations offline if they ever show up on list.  Since your
> question was asked to the Lua community, I am responding to the Lua
> community.
>
> > Martin says:
> > I was looking at LuaPlus but gave up on the facts that it was
specifically
> Win32 only...
>
> It may look that way, but it isn't entirely true.  There is one individual
> am aware of using LuaPlus on Linux.  Sure, he doesn't have access to the
> Remote Lua Debugger or the various VS.NET Lua add-ins, but that's only
part
> of the package.  Your statement just reminded me that this individual was
> going to send me the patches to LuaPlus to get it compiling on Linux, and
> never followed up on it.
>
> The biggest Linux issues we ran into were #pragma once not existing in
> headers and wchar_t actually being 4 bytes instead of 2.
>
> > There is also "Sol" which LuaPlus (and LuaState) seem to take ideas
from.
> > It also appears that most of Sol's "improvements" were inherited for Lua
> > version 5.
>
> Yep.  Edgar and I used to have conversations about Lua features.  I always
> gave him credit for what was his.  My biggest issue with Sol was it was a
> huge rework of the Lua core.  LuaPlus just patches the core when a feature
> is needed.  Sol renamed EVERYTHING.
>
> > John says:
> > As far as C++ wrappers, I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet,
> > but have you looked at luabind (http://luabind.sourceforge.net/)?
>
> LuaBind and LuaPlus fill two different niches.  LuaPlus isn't interested
in
> duplicating features like cross language inheritance.  The LuaBind team
did
> an EXCELLENT job at implementing features like that.  My biggest issue
with
> LuaPlus is its reliance on Boost.  You can't really pick and choose a few
> features of Boost.  You take it all or you take nothing.  I'm not in a
> position to inherit the entire library (and its subsequent reliance on
STL).