Hi there,

I don't need integer math on vectors (they are all floats).

The only thing I worry about is the overhead of turning what is basically an
integral type to most CPU's into a full fledged table with a metatable to
boot, that's quite a lot of interpreter overhead to simply access, say, the
"x" element. (and a huge amount to add two vectors together using solely lua
code)

The latest compilers (vis. c, Intel etc) for the pentium use a 16-byte
aligned stack so there are no problems passing 16-byte aligned data around
(they don't pass SSE registers between functions yet mind you).

Its not only the pentium though, almost all game consoles now have 128 bit
aligned vector data that can be copied about and operated on as freely (and
as cheaply) as regular 32 bit integers and floats.

How about an integral *table*? :-)

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

OFB92A3727.042874AC-ON05256D51.004B22A5@oxfam.org.uk">news:OFB92A3727.042874AC-ON05256D51.004B22A5@oxfam.org.uk...