On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:10:54AM -0700, Bilyk, Alex wrote:
> Having 'break [N]' and 'continue [N]' would not infringe on any of the main Lua strengths IMHO while increasing its flexibility and usability especially for non-programmers and beginners, that is people with no programming preconceptions and stereotypes. Well, on the down side, it would probably make the binary some whooping 0.25% larger.

Exactly these same arguments can be used to justify 'goto' and 'goto'
actually is a very intuitively clear construct while I wouldn't say the
same of whatever [N]. Numerical levels have an awful kludgy feel to them;
labelled break/continue would be cleaner, but I still don't like them.

Maybe people should just organize their code better?

--
Tuomo