> >I'm trying to call the foobar from C and to save returned value (to be
> >able to call it later).

> >Is there a way to store a Lua function as C object (and call it) or I
> >should be using some other way?

> A Lua function can be stored in the Registry just like any other Lua
> value.

>   /* take func from top of stack and store it in the Registry */
>   int func_ref = luaL_ref(L, LUA_REGISTRYINDEX);
>   /* now store func_ref some place safe in C */

> Later on, you can get it back and call it.

>   lua_rawgeti(L, LUA_REGISTRYINDEX, func_ref);
>   lua_pcall(L, 0, 0, 0);

That's works perfectly, thanks!

But then another issue arises -- for each function returned
I have to have a duplicate entry in the Registry. While I'm going to
have hundreds of such refs this could become a problem. May be I just
could setup some hash table in Lua with integer indicies and return it
instead of function...

--
Regards, max.