> >> Is there any documentation on the functionality in lauxlib.h?
> >
> > Let me try a very brief summary.
>
> Thanks, Luiz. That's a very useful summary, indeed!

Wikified:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LauxLibDocumentation

> The thing is: wrapping a C/C++ library manually gives me the
> opportunity to re-work the original API into something that's
> much more "scripting-friendly". The last thing I'd want is
> end up with a near-literal Lua translation of the C/C++ stuff...

You can wrap the C++ API using tolua and still write some Lua glue code
to make it more friendly (see http://doris.sf.net). Admittedly it
probably wont be as efficient but it's less error prone and much quicker
than doing everything by hand. Sometimes its just a huge unnecessary
maintainance overhead if you have a large - and potentially quickly
changing API.

--nick