benjamin sunshine-hill wrote:
Careful there. Consider the following issues:

1. Lua allows a function call in the form "function table-constructor" or "function string-literal". This shouldn't be too hard to handle; just make sure that { or " or [[ (not [[--) trigger the :. (I don't think I've ever used so much punctuation in one sentence)

The different function call syntax, and different strings and comments were carefully considered and should be handled correctly. The only thing I worry about is that I missed some corner case where the buffer is refilled or flushed. But I tested it with a 1, 2, 3, 5, and 1024 byte buffers and it seemed to work okay.

- Peter Shook