Eeeew. Whitespace as a syntactically significant construct. Just how wide
are your tabs?

I know. The Python community likes it this way. Is there an expectation that
doing this would lure people away from Python toward Lua?

That being said, I think the license agreement allows you to create pylua if
you want to. I have my own list of syntactic enhancements to Lua I'm
thinking of exploring though I'm trying to keep them essentially compatible
with Lua proper.

Mark