On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 20:29, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> If I recall correctly, the same glyph, however, may have multiple encodings
> unless you stick to a sensible subset of Unicode.

This is true, but it is hard to see how it could be otherwise, or indeed
why this is bad in the general case.  For example, U+0041 (LATIN CAPITAL
LETTER A) and U+0410 (CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER A) have the same glyph,
but different encodings.

I'm confused though, by the suggestion that a "sensible subset" of
Unicode excludes Cyrillic and Greek.  Perhaps you meant something else?

--
Abi