Hello!

I was wondering, since I've seen this done occasionally while
browsing other peoples' code: does it in any real way aid garbage
collection (either in terms of immediacy of collection or
gc running time) to explicitly nil-out variables which you
know you won't be accessing again?

I can see how this would be of some benefit for global
variables which would otherwise hang around indefinitely,
but what about short-lived local variables and the contents
of local tables, etc?

Thanks,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"Responsible parents don't raise kids in West Virginia."