I assume you were using Win32 & MingW, right?

There is no real reason to compile lua & lualibs as dlls under Win32. You can also compile them into a standalone exe, which i personally find much a simpler approach. Also, in order to 'use' lua, i think people shouldn't need to compile lua at all. It only creates an entry-level step, as you have faced.

We need a good, clean, ready-baked Lua distribution where these issues have been taken care of.

-ak

Johannes Hager kirjoittaa torstaina, 12. kesäkuuta 2003, kello 02:29:

I will look at this stuff. But since i begann to try implement lua in a c++ program their are only problemes. For example after i includede "lauxlib.h", "lua_open()" works no more, if you will not going a bit mad with the time
:-)

Johannes Hager wrote:
Hi,

And there i have the next problem. Now runs lua. But if i try to do
lua_dostring(...) the compiler doesnt know ist. How can it be that
open_lua() and close lua() works but lua_dostring not? *frustation*

In Lua 5.0, lua_dostring has been moved to lauxlib.h.

Do this:

extern "C" {
#include "lua.h"
#include "lauxlib.h"
#include "lualib.h"
}

Relax man, haste makes waste.  You are systematically getting stuck on
each one of the FAQs for this mailing list.  Instead, you should check
out the wiki, and the web interface to the mailing list archive.
There's lots of good stuff there.

http://lua-users.org/

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaDirectory