I am trying to write a "secure" host program that can run lua scripts. The program will use PhysicsFS (link below) to restrict file system access to a few directories. This allows both security and OS abstraction. I guess what I'll need to do is create my own I/O facilities by writing new io.open, io.close, io.flush, os.remove, and os.rename functions that use PhysicsFS functionality. Perhaps I should also remove the functions os.execute, os.exit, and os.getenv. Are there any other projects like this that I can check out? If not, do you have any suggestions on making my host program secure? Thanks for the help.

Daniel

PhysicsFS link: http://icculus.org/physfs/