Hi,

I'm playing with Lua just now and am interested in using it for an application I'm working on. One of the requirements is that internally everything uses utf-8 and that documents in other formats like ascii, utf-16 and utf-32 be converted to utf-8, processed and then converted back upon saving. I'd like to be able to pass utf-8 strings to lua and have it compare them and to potentially have lua code in utf-8 files.

How easy is it to use lua with utf-8 and multibyte encoding sets? What would require modification to support it? The string lib? What else?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell