> Can the worst case delay be bounded? Yes, if the algorithm is right!

If you traverse the stack, you can only bound the worst case delay if
you bound your stack size. This is the kind of programming discipline
I am talking about.

> Either way, what is so special about scripting languages that they
> cannot be used in hard real time applications?

Pervasive use of dynamic memory allocation + garbage collection.

> Well, that's the fist thing everyone gets wrong. DON'T use dynamic
> allocation in the first place. Simple as that.

That is what I said.  ("This is difficult even for hard languages doing
dynamic memory allocation.")

-- Roberto