If there are bugs, they will be fixed... So far I have information of
only one and it is already fixed for next version:

- [4/5] When creating an IupZbox, iuplua is not automatically giving
 names to to its children (it is done in iuplua3)

Please inform us if you find another.

Mark,

Since I definitely know of more problems with IupLua4, I decided to
check if I'm using the latest version of IupLua4. At first I thought
that I wasn't. When I downloaded the "Iup 1.9.1 with Lua 3 and 4"
package, the dates of the IupLua4 files were May 20, which is just 3
days ago (btw, a simple News section on your website would help users
learn when new versions are released).
I installed it, but a windiff on the old and new files showed that there
are no changes compared to the previous beta version that I had. I
suppose the beta version has been simply included with the main
distribution, without changes.

The major problem with the Lua4 binding that I find is that the binding
is out of sync with IUP. It seems that an older version of the Lua3
binding (or IUP itself) has been used to create the Lua4 binding. The
examples I can give are related to the Tree control, which I'm using the
most, but there may be other:
- In IUP the 'afterselection' and 'beforeselection' callbacks have been
replaced with a single 'selection' callback. In the Lua3 binding this is
reflected, while the Lua4 binding still uses before... and after... As a
result, one cannot define any tree selection callback.
- The Lua3 binding has the very needed IupTree(Get/Set)TableId functions
(which are also described in the history of changes in the docs), while
Lua4 doesn't.

There's also a bug in the IUP windows driver - if there's a separator
item in a menu and the mouse passes over it, IUP crashes (there should
be an assert failure, but it seems the assert calls something else which
crashes). It can be easily fixed by changing line 1249 in winproc.c to
n = si ? iupwingetmenuIhandle((int) si) : 0;

And since I've started to list bugs, let me add a few wishes:

- The mouse wheel does not scroll the Tree window
- An option to have resizable frames in the HBox and VBox controls
- Global keyboard shortcuts. Currently the menu shortcuts work only
while the menu has the focus. There should probably be a way to add
global accelerators, which can call different interface elements. In the
beginning, calling menu items regardless of the current focus would be
enough.

These are all bugs and wishes I can remember at the moment, but I'll
start keeping track of them from now on.

Best Regards,
Ivan