> From: Bryan Weingarten
> have you seen the new python ctypes library?  it's a
> cross-platform library to call c functions directly in python
> without needing to create an extension module or do the
> marshalling yourself.
> http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes.html

It looks interesting but its hardly "transparent". It just looks like
you're shifting the binding layer from C to Python, which albeit may be
less work and probably is more portable, but slower.

> wouldn't this be possible in lua?  or maybe a better

I believe libFFI exists somewhere and there are struct libraries for Lua
so it is possible. I'd ask the LuaCheia team, a module to do this could
cut down on C maintainance, but then you still need binding code.

--Nick