Peter Shook wrote:

What you want is something like the old lua_pushusertag. This should give you sime ideas:

Thank you. However, there was probably some good reason that this got taken out, and before I start committing myself to using it, I'd like to hear the full story... Am I going to run into trouble when working this way, or if there's a better way. Like I said, I could just make a new userdata object every time that includes the pointer to my C structure, but then I'd have to gcollect the C structure myself, and make lots of small objects. Is that better or worse, and why?

Enno.