from Tomas on 2003-05-14 at 01:55:46:
> 	Yes.  It certainly works.  Unfortunately I didn't
> succeed compiling Apache to load its DSOs :-(  What options did you set
> to achieve this?  Anyway if your httpd binary is exporting the symbols
> you could do the same with Lua's executable too.
>
> 	Tomas

I'm using the stock MacOS X apache install, which appears to support DSOs. I
can't figure out what flags they passed when building the httpd binary, but
I'm going to see if I can figure that out.

I wrote a version of loadlib that uses dyld functions directly, and I get
exactly the same error as when using dlcompat. But at least it removes the
dependency. Should I post the patch somewhere?