> Alex Bilyk escribió:
>
> > 1. Lua objects are collected in the order exactly reverse
> to the order
> > of
> their creation.
>
RL> That strikes me as being unreasonably rigid; it would
> severely restrict options for efficient garbage collection.
> In particular, implementing Lua on top of a system which
> already features garbage collection may not be possible, or
> at least it may not be possible to take advantage of native
> garbage collection.

I agree with Rici. We should not be imposing restrictions on the way
garbage collection works at this point in time (since it's the major
refactoring in Lua 5.1). Above all I want an *efficient* garbage
collection implementaion - just search the archives for similar voices.
An incremental garbage collection routine (with generational
optimisation?! ;-D ) is difficult enough to write without imposing
potentially project specific restrictions on GC. In a previous post I
made the point that garbage collection is not a magical catch all. If
you're relying on the _implementation_ of GC to tidy up your application
then the solution could most likely be improved. Lets keep Lua clean and
simple please.

Regards,
Nick