Ok, so we have a nifty custom remote debugger that does all the typical
stuff one would expect of a debugger. However we ran into a snag in
implementing conditional breakpoints. That is, in our debugger, we let
users enter a Lua expression which gets evaluated in the line hook (when
you're on the right line, using lua_dostring), but unfortunately it
seems that local variables are not in scope for the lua_dostring call.
Even more specifically, we have a global variable with the same name,
and it appears that the global variable is being used rather than the
local variable. I would have expected local variables to be valid and in
scope when calling lua_dostring within a line hook.

Thanks,

Curt