Ken Paulson wrote:

I'm on a number of high-traffic lists where posting is restricted to members and I can't recall the last time I saw spam on one of them. If the new list is on something like Mailman, then you can subscribe both addresses, and set one of them to not receive email. Though I doubt there are many people who will need to do this.

I'm just hoping that the move will not break the gmane.org newsseerver access - which is what I use. It's very convenient to read the list through their newsserver, I wouldn't want to lose that.

Enno.