Wim escribió:

> Maybe I'm missing some point here, but Lua uses a mark and sweep gc
scheme
> that will pinpoint all unreachable data in one go and collect it.  So all
> table members will be collected in the same cycle (that is, if they are
not
> reachable along some other route of course.)

That's my understanding, too.

I suspect that there is more to your code than the example you gave. One
thing to watch out for is local variables which might still refer to
things; the mere fact that you are not using a local variable any more does
not mean that it is still not on the stack, somewhere.

R.