Hi,

> This is a bug in the compiler. Such declarations ("incomplete types")
> are perfect ANSI C code. (I do not have the official standard for C++,
> but I think they are correct in C++ too.)

You are right.  Completing the type later on in the translation unit is
perfectly valid, also in C++.  The types are different though, but that
doesn't matter.

An unrelated remark:  sometimes it takes _very_ long before my mail arrives
on the list.  I don't know what causes this but I apologize for the
confusion this may cause (mail may even arrive in a different order...)

Bye,
Wim