>And I guess it cannot save registered C functions as well...
>If that's the case, how does lua_dump behaves with your registered C
>function as well as the default lua libraries functions? Does it simply
>ignore them (avoid adding them to the state) so you have to re-register them
>(both your own C functions and lua base lib / tables lib etc, functions)?
>And if that happens and you call lua_dump inside a lua c function (can that
>be done?) how would it know where to resume if it doesn't save the c
>function?

lua_dump simply dumps a Lua function in binary format as luac does. It does
not saves the whole Lua state. As for you concern with registered C functions,
Lua binds names at runtime. But yes, if you save your "state" and later
(in another run of your program) loads and runs it, you'll need to have to
reregister C functions.
--lhf