fcecin@inf.ufrgs.br wrote:

John Belmonte wrote:

My practical argument is that a C++ developer seriously using Lua would make a native C++ interface to the Lua library. As a side effect of the wrapper, the extern "C" need only been written in one single place, and that is the end of it.

-John

IMHO, the extern "C" { } inside Lua is better for the app developer, maybe worse for the developers of Lua. A chance to lower the amout of stuff the user(developer) has to worry about is missed and Bill Gates makes another
million. :-)

- Fabio

As C++ developer, I vote in favor of keeping lua.h as it is, i.e. pure C. If the debate is about convenience, then one could consider adding a header file "lua" (i.e. no .h), containing the usual extern "C" + include lines. Then, in C++, do "#include <lua>" and move on.

The arguments for this have been presented. No feeping creaturism, please.

-jcw