On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 10:05:33AM -0400, Siome Goldenstein wrote:
> We use 4.0 in our project,  and for a series of reasons that I don't
> really know/remember (Christian would have to step in and explain it),
> we patched tolua to do the the exception handling, keeping lua as a C
> library.

The only reason for doing it this way back then was that I did not
have the time and inclination to review the Lua library code to see
what was necessary to make it exception-safe. Also, Lua 4.0 does not
compile out of the box as C++.

> One of the problems with that is code bloating: every tolua binding has
> a try/catch pair,  since the exception information would be lost in the
> C library.

Exactly. That's one of the best reasons to compile Lua as C++ instead.

- Christian