On 24 Mar 2003, at 4:53, Brian Smith wrote:

> War in IraqHello,
>
> I haven't seen anyone bring it up so maybe you all filter it out... but
> I for one find it odd that I'm recieving spam through this list.
>
> How is it that these spammers can be sending to the list anyways?
>
> Regards,
> Brian

Hi Brian:

I'm afraid that *any* eMail sent to lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br is
immediately forwarded to every signer. There's no checking if the
sender is a list member. I sent an eMail once from another address and
it make thru the list without any problem (I was expecting a bounce so
I sent it again from my subscription address). Both messages got in...

Regards,

-- Euler