[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua5 / poor performance
- From: "Kevin Baca" <kbaca@...>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:44:08 -0800
I'm using lua as a data definition language for a project I'm working
I recently moved from lua4 to lua5 and I've noticed huge loss in
performance in table construction.
My tables are pretty simple:
But they can have thousands of entries.
With 3 such tables of 1700 entries each in one file the file takes close
to 30 seconds to load on a PIII 800.
Note that I tested this using the console interpreter that comes with
the Lua5 distribution. I simply loaded the tables by typing
dofile("test.lua"). Test.lua does nothing more than create the tables.
No processing is occurring.
I can provide the test file if necessary.