Hello,

I am busy writing a Lua compiler for Parrot, the new virtual machine for Perl6.
At the moment I'm trying to do some kind of semantic checks, like checking on field names of tables.
I just came across tag methods in the Lua pdf document, and I was wondering how that works.

Does it mean that a user can set its own error messages, if that is done through settagmethod?
Now I'm implementing it statically, so I do the checks in the compiler, not during runtime.
Would that be neccessary?

Regards,
K Stol