Wim Couwenberg wrote:

Ah, no. The caller has nothing to do with the namespace ;)
The place a function will be after 'opening' a lib uis fixed by the module
author.

--[[This can be done regardless of course, just put the package table
wherever you like.  But how can the caller find it again?  People can read a
manual (at least theoretically ;-) but module management code, as a rule of
thumb, can not.]]

Maybe the open_lib can also return the 'path' to the newly opened module?
And I think the way it is now, one relieson the documented namespace. I wasn't planning on changing that. As Thatcher commented recently, there should be a fixed, unique address for a module interface.

Thanks very much so far for your advice and code, I think I can now see a way I can solve my problem.

-Martin