Hi,
  i dont think that my g++ installation is bad. Because i have access
to around 12 redhat 8 machines . And none of them compiled it with
g++, tough the same stdio.h etc. errors did not occured on the same
machine with gcc.
  AND also on these machines we have developed around 500000 lines c++
-code software for a Physical Parameter (like temperature, Humidity,
Strain etc) monitoring sw package for Railways and Phramaceutical
companies. And that software compiles without a hitch on these redhat
8 machines , apart from on our mandrake and slackware machines. So i
donot think that the g++ installation is any problem.

bye :-)
Ashish
India