I'm using BitAnd(a,b,...) etc. for SDL interface. Not nice but..

For me, the speed issue is not so decisive as the fact that any such function name usage clubbers the code and makes it harder to read. Yes, I do miss the '&', '|' etc. operators in Lua. But one can't have all? :)

-ak

Brian Hook kirjoittaa tiistaina, 4. maaliskuuta 2003, kello 01:31:

I know this topic comes up every now and then, but I still haven't
seen a succinct summary of it -- but basically fast bit flags don't
seem possible with Lua, which somewhat limits it as a scripting
language for a project I'm working on.

The key issue is that Lua doesn't have an integer type and the
associate bit twiddling operators.  I'm assuming that this has been
shot down numerous times as bad, so what are people doing in the
interim to address this?

Thanks,

Brian