Why are only decimal constants supported in lua? Other bases(mostly
2,8,16) would be usefull esp. when used as an extension language for
configuration parsing and things like that for C/C++ apps.And besides
it should easy to code in ANSI C.I know I can extend lua myself to
handle it or implement it on top of lua somehow but I'm curious as to
why lua made it to version 5 without this convenience.It certainly
coudn't be considered bloat or useless..., could it?

Dimitris