>But could you maybe elaborate why you think one mght find it usefull to
>embed one scripting language into another?
>Binding C-code can't be the real reason, Python bindings are rather easy
>too.

As someone already pointed out here, one reason might be to use the huge
amount of libraries that already exist for these other scripting languages,
Python being the prime example, I guess.

>Or are you thinking more along the lines of: 'Use this extension with Perl,
>or use it with Python, or even Ruby if you like, w/o changing the code?'

I'm not sure what you mean here. Anyway, Lua is already embedable in Ruby:
	http://ruby-lua.unolotiene.com/ruby-lua.whtm
--lhf