> On Behalf Of Erik Hougaard
> Sent: February 26, 2003 4:47 AM
> Subject: SV: WinHeap
>
> The main reason for my interest, is the fact that it directly aimed at
> multithreaded/Multi CPU Win32 applications. Must of the free
> software heap
> managers are not finetuned for Win32 multithreaded applications.
>
> But this should turn into a proprietary vs. open source discusion. I'm
> developing commercial software and if I can buy something
> that makes me earn
> a bigger paycheck - I will go for that (Need to eat and make
> house-payments)! And my customers wants Win32 applications so
> thats what I'm
> developing - So please drop the political attitude - I'm looking for
> technical information!

http://lua-users.org/wiki/MemoryAllocation

Hoard [3] "Hoard is a fast, scalable and memory-efficient allocator for
multiprocessors. Hoard solves the heap contention problem caused when
multiple threads call dynamic memory allocation functions like malloc()
and free() (or new and delete). Hoard can dramatically improve the
performance of multithreaded programs running on multiprocessors."
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/emery/hoard/

Please feed back any information to
http://lua-users.org/wiki/MemoryAllocation

Regards,