Fra: owner-lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br
[mailto:owner-lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br]På; vegne af Björn De Meyer
Sendt: 26. februar 2003 14:10
Til: Multiple recipients of list
Emne: Re: WinHeap

Erik Hougaard wrote:

> Have anyone tried Lua with WinHeap (www.winheap.com) ?
>
> Some of their sounds like it could give a boost to a lua based
> application...
>
> /Erik

Sorry, but that site was a waste of time to me. There are tons of other
"heap managers" -read malloc() implementations- out there, many of them
free software, and most of them better than those of Microsoft.
It's one of the reasons non-MS OSes usually run faster. I'll take
amply-tested open software solutions, like Lua or a GNU malloc, over
some obscure proprietary product with rather absurd claims.

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be