There was an email to the PLua list recently (PLua = Lua on the PalmOS)
relating to GC Thresholds that I think deserves mentioning.

Basically the person was writting a Lua app which uses more than half of the
availble memory (palmtops being rather limited in memory) and the "used x 2"
auto threshold was too great.

It seems rather limiting to me to just allow this one predefined
auto-threshold. It would be more flexible to permit the user to define an
automatic post-GC function which is called upon completion of GC with the
current memory info, and which returns the new desired threshold.

Cheers,
Peter Hill.