> > * GUI toolkits

>From the reaction those issues had on this list (and on LuaCheia list) I'd
have guessef that there is some interst in the issue

> > * LuaCheia (thank heavens this has quieted down)
>
> Both related to the birth of LuaCheia (now on its own list).

We actually had some preservation about going off-list, as we thought there
might be people intersted in the project who would be adverse to the need to
follow two lists...

> > Conversations I think are useful:
> > * Garbage collection strategies
>
> You'd think so... but since a comment made some time back (commenting on a
> flaw in the GC of weakly keyed/valued tables) by another list member was
> apparently (or so I'm told) met with total silence it would seem that
people
> aren't interested in GC after all. :-(

Well it strongly deppend on who is interested in what. I actually usually
ignore messages about GC and things memory related, as it doesn't really
concern my line of work.
But I'm very glad other people take care of (and interst in) those issues.

I think we should not dissmis any topic Lua-users are intersted in, just
because it doesn't touch our own needs and interests.

And I also think the Lua comunity is not large enough to fragment
Lua-discussion over many different lists, at least not too far.

I do agree that project related discussion - as in the case of LuaCheia -
should use it's own space, and I apologize for any swamping of mailboxes the
initial phase of out planning has caused.

> > * Coroutines
> - They don't work across C calls (you need to modify the Lua source to
> achieve that, which has been done if it is needed).

Did I miss something here? What do those modifications look like?

> - Anything more to add? Hmm... perhaps a few examples showing them in real
> use might be nice. :-)

Absolutley!

.Martin