Joshua Jensen wrote:

> I'm going to keep this reasonably short.  I am thoroughly disappointed
> at the sheer amount of complaining going on about Lua.  The Lua authors
> have spent considerable amounts of time designing the language, and what
> they seem to get in return is a barrage of whining.  Especially lately,
> the negative noise level has been so high that I had to redirect all Lua
> messages to another email folder.

Well, there is adifferens between suggestin modifications
to the language, which I think is a good thing, and complaining
if you don't get them, which I think a bad thing. I sometimes
also make some suggestions for modification, but I always
respect the judgement and decisions made by the authors of Lua.
I think they are already very open to our suggestions,
and I greatly appreciate that.

/snip
> Simply put, if you don't like it, don't use it.  There are other
> languages fitting your requirements.  Or write your own.  Heck, use Lua
> 4 instead of Lua 5.

Or roll your own modified version of Lua. If you want it, it's worth the
effort.
^_^

/snip
> And on a very personal note, the conversations I think clog the list
> are:
>
> * GUI toolkits
> * LuaCheia (thank heavens this has quieted down)
> * OOP/non-OOP concepts
> * Syntax issues (does it REALLY matter what a comment looks like?)

I am sorry for raising such a ruckus about LuaCheia. I was
surprised by the response myself. We have our own mailing
list now, and I apologise to anyone who was annoyed by our
endless discussionswhile we were waiting for our own list to
materialise. However, the response also shows this is a project
many people would like to ghave, so I'm going for it.

/snip

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be