Brian Smith:
> I don't think Lua makes much sense for real-time systems programming
> anyhow... ;)

It's small, just like Forth (which was developed for those sort of
applications) and relatively efficient. It fits easily inside palm top
computers (vis PLua) which need to support compaction to work effectively.

The new generation VCRs etc which intend to have a standard code base could
significantly benefit from being able to run code in a safe environment,
allowing configuration of display & programming methods and such... ie
"skins"... to be uploaded to the device.

And I really think Lua has the potential to be an excellent kernel for an
operating system!

*cheers*
Peter Hill.