On Wednesday 12 February 2003 05:24, Antonio Scuri wrote:
> Maybe the "Best Option" is to develop an independent Lua GUI toolkit
> that could be implemented using FLTK, GTK, IUP or any other toolkit.

I've been thinking for a long time about a pure Lua-based GUI toolkit; it
would have a number of advantages over a static language toolkit (e.g.
personalize a widget's appearance or behaviour without definign a new widget
type, do away with static callbacks, etc.).

My design would be based (as its ancient C++ DOS ancestor was) on a bare-bone,
portable 2D graphics library written in plain C... which is very slowly
progressing due to lack of time.
Unfortunately I'm just starting on a new line of work and I can't presently
afford time for interesting things such as Lua (a temporary situation, I
hope). I am not even able to promise cooperation for LuaCheia :-(

Anyway, I don't think there is currently much of a need for a specific Lua
GUI; in Lua style, different GUI should be loadable as modules according to
the user's taste or needs.

  Enrico