On Feb 11, 2003 at 10:48 +0100, Bj?rn De Meyer wrote:
> Martin Spernau wrote:
> >
> > I would suggest the Lua-license, as many of the modules to be used
> > are already under that licence.  I - personally - would like to
> > avoid GPL, rather have LGPL, as to not hinder the acceptance of
> > the project with people who need to incororate it into commercial
> > products.
>
> Well, if it's really a problem to use zlib, the the
> Lua license will probably be fine. As for the libraries to
> incorporate, it's indeed probably the best to use
> LGPL libraries, to aviod any needless conflicts later on.

FYI, SDL is under the LGPL, so I imagine that extends to the "cleaned
headers" I made, using their headers, for use with tolua.

I think it's probably good for LuaCheia to have a default license, but
allow some license diversity among modules; otherwise we'll constantly
be wrestling with issues like this.  There's nothing in the
contemplated use of LuaCheia that would prevent having some LGPL'd or
GPL sub-parts, or that would cause the rest of the project to be
infected, AFAIK.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com