>I mean, what is missing as "the basic concept" is how to organize the
>collaborative work. Wiki? CVS? You will do it?

Sorry, I didn't really make that part clear. Well, I was assuming I would
be responsible for maintaining the ALARM material (usually, when you have
an idea, you have to be willing to do most of the work yourself, as I'm
sure you are aware). I imagined simply having an e-mail address to which
people could send suggestions.

I will explain my reasoning:-

- I didn't think I would get enough messages per week to justify anything
more complicated than this (pessimistic, perhaps); I don't see this
project becoming collaborative on a massive scale and needing its own
patch manager, etc.

- I didn't feel I had the right to suggest we discuss changes to the ALARM
on lua-l (since I am not the owner);

- I think the material has to be centrally edited. It might be worth
having a copy on the wiki to gain extra opinions and comments, but this
version should not be the definitive one;

- I think this should be an "open" project, but not necessarily a
"democratic" one. I don't think that an idea should automatically be
implemented as soon as there is a known demand for it;

My basic proposal is that I should create an e-mail address for the ALARM
to which people can send corrections and additions to the text or
suggestions for new entries, fields, delivery formats or whatever. The
data will be available as XML, one or more HTML formats, and Lua code with
a PDF version likely to follow in the future. The definitive version will
be the XML version (sorry); the others will be derived via XSL stylesheets
which will also be publicly available. The whole thing will be available
under (essentially) the same kind of open source licence as Lua.

...but I am open to suggestions about any of these ideas.

&.