Hello,

I need to support a simple config file written
consisting purely of

    variable = "value"

pairs (actually a LUA file), and I need to ensure
that those settings also get to environment vars
(before execing off to a custom executable from
the host binary).

I thought of using a tagmethod for setglobal, but
that did not seem to be allowed. Also, the globals
table is of not much help now (I guess).

What can I do? (I would definitely not obscure the
clean cfg. syintax in any way.)

Another question: why is there no setenv() in the
std. lib??? I add one myself to my stuff and seem
to be using it with no immediately visible disastrous
consequences...

(Sorry, I just started using LUA4 last night. 4
only for its Debian binary package. Any educated
guesesses on newer liblua.deb releases? This LUA
thing started getting my sympathy.)

Thanks very much for any hints!
Sab