Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

Now I am starting to plan how to distribute the final version.
The obvious option is to publish it, but for that I must find a
publisher. (Suggestions? Contacts??). Other option would be to sell it
eletronically by a small fee (I do not plan to get rich with the book,
but it would be OK to get something from it). I am still not sure whether
a freely available version of a draft could interfere with those plans.

My vote would be to make it availeable on the net for free, but encourage donations (PayPal?), (contributions to the Lua community might be considered a donation, like proof-reading, adding content etc.) and also sell a printed version. Print-On-demand comes to mind (but I'm not sure how workable that is)

just my 2cent
-Martin