well, since you ref'ed everything, when the event is received, just:

// push lua function on the stack
lua_getref(L,<ref to your function>);
// push table on the stack
lua_getref(L,<ref to a suitable table>);
// protected call of the function with 1 argument on the stack and 0 return
values, and no error handler
status = lua_pcall(L,1,0,0);