In a message dated 1/20/03 7:15:48 AM, MichaelL@frogware.com writes:

<<
wxLua's version on Lua4 contains an "eq" operator. >>

Thank you! that was exactly what I was looking for. I did notice that the new
LauV_equal function tests function and table equality using tsvalue(), not
hvalue() and clvalue() respectively as in the original LauO_equalObj()
function. Is there any difference between the values returned between these
functions and tsvalue() in this case? Also, has anyone noticed any speed hit
(vs. LauO_equalObj()) when using this code on values with no 'eq' tag method?

Thank you,
Julian