While I can't comment on using the C# interop mechanisms to work with a
C-language Lua, I was very interested to read this:

> PS: I'm aware of the fact, that there'll be a
> Lua.NET down the road (I've seen the project
> page), but I need Lua now ... not in (many?)
> months.

It's probably old news for others here, but I never saw any sort of
announcement that a Lua.NET was in the works.  So I looked in Google and
found this:

http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~rcerq/luadotnet/

Which also leads to this:

http://research.microsoft.com/collaboration/university/europe/rotor/default.
asp

I look forward to a Lua.NET.  I especially look forward to a Lua implemented
in C#.  Interesting that Microsoft Research is sponsoring this.