Peter Hill wrote:

As far as homogenising changes go, I'd move all atomic items (not just
"function") out of "exp" and into "prefixexp" where they belong.

I did a quick test, and the change seems trivial.

Cut all the cases (except default) from simpleexp
(lparser.c starting from line 697) and paste them
into prefixexp before the default case (lparser.c
line 648)

Modified Lua seems to be able to run in my application,
and now print(3(3)) is an "attempt to call a number value"
error instead of syntax error.

Saying this does not mean that I like or recommend this change
;-) (I am now actually reverting back to the original code
in my application)

(Contact me directly if you need the modified Lua as a binary
for Windows)

		Eero