> Do you happen to know if anyone has written an addin for
> Visual Studio that allows you to use Lua, or Python, to
> manipulate VS COM objects so you can write macro plugins in
> languages other than VB? People either seem to write COM
> addins or write VB scripts, but if you exposed the VS COM
> stuff I think you could use it with LuaCOM or PythonCOM?

The latest LuaCOM MAY be able to access the DTE object.  I know the
custom version of LuaCOM in LuaPlus can access VS .NET's DTE object and
all the associated enums, but it only did it after I greatly enhanced
the Lua 3 implementation.  In particular, the Lua 3 implementation
couldn't access enums or deal with byref variants or make safe arrays.
The new LuaCOM beta may be able to do that, but I haven't investigated
enough.

> What would be really nice would be a VS addin which combined
> Lua COM and Tcl/Tk stuff so you could write macros with GUIs.
> Would anyone care to speculate on the ease of this?

That would be cool, but I couldn't even figure out how to get the macro
system to playback Javascript functions internal to the IDE (I could,
however, use Javascript to automate the IDE externally).  So who knows?

Josh